This information was provided by Levyloophole.com
There are a variety of ways to pay your taxes.
You can pay by:
- Check, money order, and credit card, or
- Direct debit from your checking account, which you can do by phone on online, using the IRS’s Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
Electronic payments may be made from your home or wherever you happen to be, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You can even schedule payments in advance.
What’s great is, it’s a paperless process and saves you time and money.
- No checks to write
- No money orders to purchase
- No trips to purchase money orders
- No payment vouchers to fill out and mail.
NOTE: Employment taxes on Forms 940, 941, and 944 cannot be scheduled in advance.
There are three electronic payment options:
- Electronic Funds Withdrawal
- Credit Cards
- The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS)
Scheduling Estimated Tax Payments
Form 1040ES, Estimated Taxes
You can schedule up to four quarterly estimated tax payments from your bank account while e-filing a return.
Authorize an Electronic Funds withdrawal
You can authorize an electronic funds withdrawal to pay any penalties associated with Form 1065 and 1065B.
Make Past Due Payments
You can make past due Form 941 and Form 940 return payments by phone or online.
Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
You can make a Trust Fund Recovery Penalty payment assessed against an individual by phone or online.
Trust fund taxes include:
- Federal income taxes, and
- the employee’s share of social security and Medicare taxes.
Form 944, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return: While e-filing Form 944, you can make a Form 944 balance due payment by phone or online.
- For more information visit www.eftps.gov or call Customer Service on:To enroll: www.eftps.gov/eftps/enrollments/newTaxpayer.do
- 1-733-4829 (TDD)
- 1-800-244-4829 (Spanish)
Excerpted from levyloophole.com